A laptop or desktop is required to complete registration
Cell phone registration will not work
For details about registration and enrollment, visit www.hcpss.org/enroll/.
Kindergarten is mandatory in Maryland, so if your child turns 5 by September 1, 2023, you must register your child for the 2023-24 school year. Parents or guardians are to register students at the school serving the address where the child’s parent or guardian resides. Information on neighborhood schools can be found through School Locator: on the school system web site or by calling the Public Information Office at 410-313-6682.
Step 1: Register Online Here: https://www.hcpss.org/enroll/
Step 2: Choose the 2023-2024 Registration Packet
Step 3: Complete registration online by providing the documents listed below. The registration process is easier if you upload them during online registration. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit them via email as pdfs, which will delay your registration. iPhone users can scan documents through your notes app. (Images must be clear.)
The following documents are required for registration:
● Child’s evidence of birth (ie: birth certificate, baptismal certificate)
● An authorized record of immunizations
● Proof of residency in the form of your entire signed lease or deed
● Current utility bill, dated in the last 30 days
● Photo ID of parent/guardian
● Proof of custody (if applicable)
Please be sure to complete this information if you are registering for Kindergarten. It is required:
Language Survey Information:
1. Home Language: this is language family uses at home to communicate with one another
2. Dominant Language: this is language the student is most comfortable speaking or prefers when able to speak multiple languages. If a family is confused about this (b/c child speaks more than one language) ask, “which is your child’s strongest language?"
3. Native Language: this is the language student learned first and may be only language the student communicates in.
Health Forms - These forms should be completed by your child's pediatrician and dentist and emailed to our nurse Cheryl_Mcnerney@hcpss.org or health assistant Kim_Carter@hcpss.org prior to the first day of school or as soon as your child has their 5 year check-up.
Resources From HCPSS
The HCPSS Getting Ready for Kindergarten page, which includes resources to support kindergarten readiness and online registration, is updated regularly with additional information and resources for families.